Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Gift to Myself

Some of you have noticed that over the past few weeks I have been quite as active on the boards or even on my own website. They haven't been as many updates me updates that have been made or not as extensive as usual.

But don't worry it's not because I've been too sick to use the computer. In fact I was actually busy having a life. Last Saturday was my birthday. I hosted a summer cookout at my house for friends and family. The weeks leading up to this was filled with exhaustive preparation work.

Somehow I managed to scour my entire house until it was cleaner than I have ever seen in my life. I can't say for sure how exactly this was possible because it took far more energy than I had in my body. At the end of each night I would just collapse into a dead sleep.

In the morning I was unrested and unprepared to do it again and yet somehow I did. I was running on fumes and momentum. As I continued to push through the days I felt as though my skin and muscles were rotting away from my bones.

But in the end it was all worth it. The house was absolutely sparkling by the time the party rolled around. I don't think I could've done a better job if I was completely healthy. It was also the perfect birthday gift to myself. Mess and clutter causes me so much anxiety that I would not of been able to enjoy my day without doing this for myself.

My father, who is an incredible chef, helped me prepare a veritable feast of foods that fit my diet. Even those in attendance and don't have food restrictions would impress by how good the food was.

I spent the entire day stuffing my face with delicious treats and socializing with some of my best friends. Not everyone could make it but I will see them on other days and I was amazed by how many people were able to make it out here. I kind of live in the boonies.

Overall, it was an absolutely fantastic day. It was worth all of the effort,even if the were a few breakdowns in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! Happy birthday--we'll just cheer you on from our couch- and bed-ridden sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! Happy birthday--we'll just cheer you on from our couch- and bed-ridden sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete